Renewable energy: using natural resources such as sunlight, wind, tides and geothermal heat which are naturally replenished.
Ferguson Brown has in-depth experience of renewable technologies and design application that can be applied to a development, including:
- Stand-alone or roof-mounted wind turbines
- Photo Voltaic (PV) solar energy systems
- Solar thermal hot water and solar collectors
- Biomass heating
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Ground, Water and Air source heating and cooling
- Emerging technologies i.e. Fuel Cells
Reducing Energy Consumption
Our design approach is to assist the design team in the creation of a building envelope that addresses and minimises the environmental impact of the building. This then reduces the energy consumption of the building and hence the size of renewable technologies required.
The design of the building services and renewable systems aims to ensure the optimum balance between legislation, environmental requirements and cost.